How to Get Your Free Acura Radio Unlock Code
If the battery in your Acura goes dead or is disconnected from the power source, the anti-theft radio will lock
in order to prevent theft. Even if your battery dies and is revived by a jump or recharge, you’ll still need to
your radio to get it back into working order. But don’t worry resetting the radio is easy. You’ll need to
Acura Radio Unlock Code, which is simple to locate, and then you’re on your way to regaining access to your
process is free to retrieve your Radio Code, so be wary of websites that try to charge you for the information.
included links in this how-to that will take you to Acura’s official website dedicated to retrieving your free
Radio Unlock Code.
How to Get Your Acura Radio Code
There are a number of ways to retrieve your Acura MDX Radio Code, or whichever Acura model you own– older, such
Acura TL and TSX or newer, such as the Acura TLX and redesigned RDX.
- First, check the inside of your glove box. Look for a radio code decal stuck on the wall inside.
- If it’s not there, check the underside of the engine compartment fuse box cover. Look for the same radio
- If it’s not located in any of those areas, don’t worry. You can retrieve your code by visiting
https://radio-navicode.acura.com/. You’ll need your vehicle identification number (VIN) and Device
Serial Number in
order to retrieve the code through the website.
How to find your VIN Number
Your vehicle’s VIN number is a 17-digit unique identification number. There are several places where you might
to find your VIN:
- Check the base of the windshield, on the driver’s side
- Check your vehicle’s registration.
- Check your car insurance statements or cards
- Check your Acura Financial Services statement
Finding the Device Serial Number
- Next, you’ll need your device’s serial number to retrieve the radio code through the https://radio-navicode.acura.com/
- Find this number on an Anti-Theft Identification Card that is usually placed in the glove
compartment at the time of
purchase. For 2001 and later models, you can also find the device serial number on the device display
- Once you have the information you need, retrieve your Radio Unlock Code through the website and
enter the numbers into
the radio using the preset buttons.
How to find your Serial Number for 2004-2008 Acura TSX with Navigation System
If you’re looking for an Acura TSX radio code, the process to find the serial number is slightly
different if your
vehicle came equipped with a navigation system, but still straightforward.
- Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I).
- Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see CODE in the upper display. If you don’t see this message,
pull the backup
fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1
- Turn off the audio unit.
- Press and hold the top halves of the SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC bars, and then press and release the PWR/VOL
display toggles between two screens.
- The first screen displays a U and the first four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200).
- The second screen displays an L and the last four digits of the serial number (for example, L0055).
- Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits.
If you’re still having trouble regaining access to your radio, contact us or visit Northeast Acura. We can help you get your radio working in no time.